Thursday, September 24, 2009

RRSP Addition: McDonald's

About two weeks ago, I added another company to my RRSP account - McDonald's Corp. (NYSE: MCD). I don't think I need to explain what the company does -- this giant of the fast-food industry needs no presentation.

Why did I select this company? First, I like their new gourmet burgers (both the Angus and the Chicken), as does Princess. Much better quality and taste, and somewhat heftier portions (no need to buy a second burger with that one). Theirs salads have also improved significantly.

Second, the company's stock did not follow the rest of the market during the last 6 months' steep climb. I believe it still presents interesting balue and potential at less than 15 times earnings. The dividend yield is also good at 3.5%, The company has a solid history of raising dividend, with a 5-year dividend growth rate of 32%.

I purchased 50 shares at about $55.50 per share.

No comments: