Friday, October 10, 2008

Keep Putting Money Into the Market

Yes, that is what I'm doing right now. I keep putting more money into the market, by slowly buying more shares of good companies using dividend reinvestment and share purchase plans (DRiPs). I also keep adding money to my RRSP accounts, and purchasing share in there too.

Am I crazy?

I don't believe I am. Down markets represent opportunities to invest when the prices are low. You just have to select companies that will endure. Does anyone think that The Bank of Nova Scotis (for example) will go out of business? So why not buy when its shares are cheap?

Remember the rule: buy low, sell high.

2 comments:

Jerry Hung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry Hung said...

The problem is
People keep guessing the bottom (you and me) by buying "low"
EXCEPT
People keep missing the bottom
I thought 10,000 was low, now it's 8000, I hope we are near bottom very soon for all our sakes