Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Customer Service at Costco

Last weekend, I did some shopping at Costco. There was a $3 rebate using a coupon, and I was taking two of the items. I had previously asked whether I needed two coupons, and been told no, that that the cashier would simply scan the coupon twice.

While making my way to the exit, I noticed that the coupon had been applied only once. Turning back, I went to see the cashier, who redirected me to a customer service desk to get my rebate. I got my $3 back without any problem.

The amazing thing, however, happened yesterday. I got a phone call at home from Costco. They had noticed that I hadn't received the rebate twice, and were calling me to make sure I would receive it. I thanked the representative, and explained that I had noticed and gotten my money back before leaving the store.

What amazes me is that they have a process in place to make sure that each customer gets the rebates. Wow, talk about going the extra mile for the customer!

1 comment:

MG (moneygardener) said...

I'm not surprised one bit. Costco's customer service is amazing. Just another feature that makes them the best retailer on the planet!