Thursday, September 27, 2007

Investing Principles and Exercise

In the last two years, I have been spending (or rather investing) a lot of time improving my knowledge of personal finances and investing.

One of the principles that I have learned, and which I have been trying to integrate into my investing habits, is that quality, consistency and persistence win this race. You have to have a good plan, and stick to it.

I have decided to apply it to another area of my life -- health.

You see, my day job is that of a computer analyst. So I work in front of a computer most of the day, formulating solutions to problems and typing quite a lot. This requires a lot of concentration and mental energy. As a result, when I get home I don't have a lot of energy left and usually just sit in from of the television, or reading. As you can imagine, this is not good for me or my waist line.

I have tried to exercise on before, but the major problem I have hit is that I usually have dinner right away when I get home. The thing is, once I've had dinner, it is almost impossible for me to exercise. Call it a lack of will if you want, but the fact is that exercising on a full stomach is not good!

So, I have decided to exercise as soon as I get home on weekdays. I will spend 30 minutes on the threadmill at least 5 times a week. I will take this one week at a time. Slow and steady.

I call this my personal health investing project.

No comments: