Monday, June 25, 2007

Getting Started, part 2

Before I get into the financial stuff, I thought I'd introduce myself.

I am 37, male, and a computer analyst. I currently work for a big consulting company in Quebec.

My spouse (whom I call Princess in this blog) is a few years older than I am. She works for the provincial government and has three children, all young adults. Two of those live with us.

A couple of years ago, we bought a 40-year old house. It is in good condition, but still needs a fair amount of maintenance and renovations. We handle most of the work ourselves, as we are lucky enough to have the skills.

Why did I choose the name 'Frog of Finance'? Because I'm a French Canadian and proud of it. And frogs are cute. It's also a play on the word 'Frog' vs 'Fog', since finances are so often murky and difficult to navigate.

Finally, I believe that handling my own finances can be fun, so expect a few jokes along the way!

No comments: