Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dividend News

Some recent news regarding my dividend-paying companies...

Enbridge (Toronto: ENB) has announced an increase to its dividend, from $0.425 to $0.49 per quarter. That's an increase of 15%. Cheers!

Bank of Nova Scotia (Toronto: BNS) and Bank of Montreal (Toronto: BMO) both announced good quarterly earnings. Things continue to look good for our Canadian banks, but no dividend increase yet. I had slight hopes that BNS would announce one.

Other companies in my portfolio that should soon announce dividend increases are Fortis (Toronto: FTS) and 3M Company (NYSE: MMM). I am also waiting to see what the end-of-year special dividend will be for Canadian General Investments (Toronto: CGI).

All of those companies are part of my DRiP portfolio, although I also own some shares of 3M in my RRSP.

No comments: